A new survey reveals just how much we spend on our pets!
Did you know that a new study found that one quarter of all us pet owners like to pamper our pets? This includes an average of nearly £200 a year being spent on clothes for pets and 66% of pet owners buying accessories for their furry friends.
In fact, in the UK we spend on average £1,150 a year or £95 a month on our pets.
Although the figures are high, this won’t come as a surprise to many of us pet owners who see our pets as a valued member of the family and treat them as such.
The bonds formed between pets and humans are some of the strongest there are. After all, we don’t think twice about spending money on ourselves or family members for birthdays and to show our appreciation, why would we neglect to do the same for our pets?
The pets that make the headlines often wear tiaras, sleep on waterbeds and eat smoked salmon blinis. However for most people treating your pet to a new toy or specially produced pet treats makes both you and your pet feel happy and bonds your relationship.
So what can you do when you want to say thank you to your pet?
Techy gadgets for pets
Make your pet the envy of all their pet pals and check out the latest pet gadgets on the market for their street cred. There are always new designs and updates hitting the market. How about these:
- The PetChatz HD Pet Camera – it’s hard to have to leave your pet at home when you go out to work, but sometimes you just have to. This camera is the next best thing to actually being at home with them. It has a two-way audio and video, and provides your pet with aromatherapy and a treat dispenser.
- The Litter Robot III is a litter tray that basically cleans itself. Need we say more?
- The PetSafe Frolicat Bolt Laser Toy creates laser patterns to keep your cat entertained and challenged. A gift hamper
If your skills in the kitchen aren’t up to making healthy pet treats, gift your pet a whole hamper of pet goodies to last them a while. If you buy a hamper for a pet loving friend they will get a thrill from opening a whole collection of goodies and so will their pet! It’s a gift that will make an impact!
Upgrade their bed
There are so many multipurpose, attractive and luxury pet beds out there to choose from if your pet’s bed is looking scruffy.
The PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge has the dual-purpose of a comfy bed and somewhere for them to scratch. Or how about:
- The cosy Armarkat Cave Cat Bed
- The supportive Orvis Memory Foam Couch Dog Bed
- The clever Aspen Pet Self-Warming Cat Bed
- The luxurious K&H Outdoor Kitty House Quality time As well as gifts, pets want quality one-to-one time with us. Life is busy and so scheduling in time is effective. Make that time to cuddle your pet, groom your pet or play with them.
Pets are very loyal and giving them the attention that you’d give to another family member benefits all. Love your pet and they will reflect that love right back. Going above and beyond the care that we offer only help makes the bond between you stronger.